At the end of the Season, we will announce our “true” ranking among the members. Top 5 players or more will receive the $ from the club. To measure the best, we developed this “Overall Point System”. They are based on 4 different base categories; our monthly league meets, season highs, “basket list”, and the bag tag challenges. Some of the points rely on the number of members. So, we developed a point breakdown chart as all points are adjusted to the number of members. This will motivate members to play as much as they can to obtain the points and to compete to be best “Sabertooth” Disc Golfer of the year.
We use the point breakdown chart to spread the points to the top ranking players in specific areas. In the point guideline, you will see the “X”. The “X” represents the number that you will find in the point breakdown chart.
The top row on the chart represents the number of members. You can see the ranking position on the left column.
The first segment on the overall point system is the points from a monthly league round.
- 10 points for playing a monthly league round
- Player with lowest raw score will receive the amount of players plus X.
- Player with highest raw score will receive only one point.
- Player with lowest raw score will receive the X.
- Bonus point:
- Bogey Free
- 5 straight birdies
- More ideas?
Secondly, the points from season highs are simply based on 2 things for both raw and adjusted (handicap) scores. They will be worth 3 times after final count. Every top ranking player in this overall leagues high will receive the X in this list below:
- Best raw score of all monthly league rounds in a season
- Best adjusted score of all monthly league round in a season
- Best average raw score of all monthly league rounds in a season
- Best average adjusted score of all monthly league rounds in a season
Thirdly, You also can obtain more points through other “basket list”. It’s like a member’s bucket list.
- Perfect Attendance on our monthly league meets
- Basket Challenge win
- Bonus for Hole in One Clip
- Volunteer (any disc golf events)
- NorCal DGC affiliated tournaments
- Sabertooth Championship
- Winter ASL Open
- Deaf Sharktooth Showdown
- Deaf Disc Golf Association affiliated tournaments
Lastly, the bag tag challenge points are very simple but can impact big in the end of the season. The X will be given on your position of your best bag tag number of the month. The chunk point will be coming from Head to Head Match Play Tournament.
Once again, everything isn’t 100% set. Hopefully soon.