- Everyone is on their honor to conduct themselves according to the rules and within the spirit of competition. Have fun. It’s only a tag. The purpose of the Bag Tag Challenge is to encourage friendly competition among NorCal Deaf Disc Golf Club members.
- In order for the Bag Tag Challenge to work, all challenges are encouraged to be accepted.
- Each player must have their Bag Tag at all times. Bag Tags must be plainly visible and can not be hidden.
- Challenges are to be made by choosing times and courses that are reasonable.
- Friendly side wagers of any kind can be made at the discretion of the participants, but are NOT required.
- Challenges can be called out anytime by any member of the club.
- Most common is that the higher Bag Tag challenges the lower Bag Tag. However, the challenge comes from lower Bag Tag is allowed, too. Challenges can be done by phone, computer, or in person.
- The challenged player must give the challenger at least several (2+ weeks) to meet within a month. If a challenged player isn’t able to work out the challenge, It will count as a strike (See “Strike Policy” Below).
- All players should compromise on which courses, tees and format. However, the player with the lower Bag Tag has the final say. Format choices include: stroke play or match play but no doubles/triples etc. of any kind. PDGA rules apply. If the challenger wins the round, the tags are exchanged.
- Not showing up for a scheduled match results in a forfeit. (30 minute leeway).
- Ties are won by the holder of the lower bag tag at the beginning of the round. However, if ALL players agree before the round starts; a play-off hole(s) can be used as a tie-breaker using sudden death rules.
- You don’t have to play back-to-back challenge rounds against the same player or in a multi-player match with the exact same opponents. A player can’t challenge you, lose to you, and immediately challenge you again for another round. However, if ALL parties agree, consecutive round challenges are allowed. Challenges MUST be verbally agreed upon at the beginning of EACH round.
- Incomplete round: If a player does not complete a bag tag challenge round, the exiting player should trade tags with the player with the highest tag number. If play is stopped by all players before the round is complete, no tags are exchanged. This could be due to hazardous weather, physical emergency or mutual agreement.
- Multiple people at the same course at the same time can have a group challenge with 5 or less playing in the group. If more than 5 are present the group must split into cards of at least 3 and play proceeds as if it were a tournament/league.
- TOURNAMENTS/LEAGUES: All MUST participate in challenges at a Sabertooth and DDGA affiliation tournament and league. For other tournaments and leagues, we encourage you to do the challenge.
- The tags are thrown into a pool and distributed by score at the end of the tournanment/league not round by round. No sudden death to decide ties and final nine rounds/playoffs exempt from challenges.
- Players using different tees in tournaments are competing against only other players using the same tee format.
- Out of state Deaf players can join for pay to play and receive tags but must come and pick it up we will not mail. They cannot challenge players out of North California due to complications of travel abilities to meet a challenge unless it is agreed between the players themselves.
- For out of state Deaf players, they can’t carry the Bag Tag under 16 out of the North California. Encourage players to exchange with others to obtain 16 or higher.
- For Monthly League, Tags will be in play. However, The bag tag ranking order will be based on RAW scores.
- Top five bag tag carriers missing a league count as a strike.
- If a challenged player isn’t able to work out the challenge, It will count as a strike.
- If a player receives 3 strikes in a 2 or 3 month span, the player will need to forfeit the Bag Tag. If the player missed 2 leagues in row but haven’t received a reasonable challenge, then the player can hold on their Bag Tag for another month.
- Refusing to forfeit the Bag Tag will be banned from any NorCal DDGC events and will not receive a membership package nor end of the season prizes.
- Tags will be issued right after the first league of the season hosted by NorCal Deaf Disc Golf Club. Players will receive the tag number based on their ranking in raw score. Players joining after the first league of the season will receive the lowest available tag. Contact club to obtain a tag.
- At the end of the season, top ranking players will earn prizes. (more details will be determined in the meeting)
- Players holding tags must update the club with the results of each challenge. It is preferred to post on the “Bag Tag Challenge” post under the “Announcement” tab on the NorCal Deaf Disc Golf Club Facebook page. Other option is to E-mail NorCalDDGC@gmail.com with the word, “BagTag”, in the Subject.
- The winner of the challenge is responsible for reporting the results of the challenge.
- Players wishing to get information as to who holds each tag may check “Bag Tag Challenge” post under the “Announcement” tab on the NorCal Deaf Disc Golf Facebook page and norcalddgc.org
- Player are responsible for lost tag, the fee to receive new tag for lost tag will be $5 (Season 4/ 2021)
- Contact the club board with questions/concerns or to report a lost tag at NorCalDDGC@gmail.com
- HAVE FUN!